These Walnuts have been long-soaked, then long dried at temperatures less than 50?C, ensuring activation,
and preservation of naturally occurring micro-organisms. They have a slightly crisp crunch and have been activated to reduce phytic acid and air-dried to keep all their amazing nutrients intact. Activated nuts are effectively fermented, germinated, or sprouted nuts. In nature nuts experience being soaked in rainwater which triggers their germination process.
The dormant nuts awaken with enough power to create a whole tree! Nature?s defense mechanism for nuts and grains includes nutritional inhibitors and toxic substances (found for example as the bitter aftertaste of walnuts) that can be naturally removed by soaking. These toxic substances include enzyme inhibitors, phytates (phytic acid), polyphenols (tannins), and goitrogens. Soaking nuts in warm water will neutralize these enzyme inhibitors and also encourage the production of beneficial enzymes. In turn, these enzymes can increase vitamins, especially B vitamins. Inspired by nature and the ancient Aztec practice of soaking nuts in seawater, we long-soak nuts in a natural solution. Then we slowly dehydrate the nuts at below 47 ?c ensuring gentle preservation of the nutrients and a crunchy texture. Activated nuts are remarkably less bitter, taste sweeter, deliciously more-ish and feel lighter in your digestive system.
Product Highlights -?
1. Activating Nuts & Seeds is an ancient technique of enhancing nutrient benefits and efficacy
2. Activated nuts are void of phytic acid and are easily digestible even in the large portions
3. These walnuts have been long-soaked, then long dried at temperatures less than 50?c, ensuring activation
4. The process of activating causes the levels of proteins and essentials vitamins to rise above those of un-activated nuts
5. These little gems are certified organic and delicious
Ingredients – Organic? Walnuts, Distilled Water, Sea Salt
Shelf Life – 12 Months?