This cheese is made with cashews, Meron’s agar flakes, nutritional yeast, vinegar and salt.
Nutritional yeast- 2tbsp
Meron’s agar flakes – 1/4 cup
How to use Agar Flakes ?
If you are using agar flakes then soak it in cold water for 5-10 minutes when making cheese. Then empty in a pot and keep on the stove on slow flame add more water, for 1 spoon of flakes add 1+1/2 spoon water to soak and while heating adds 1 spoon water again. Until it dissolves keep on the stove and keep mixing. Use quickly otherwise it will settle like jelly.
- Soak cashew 1 cup overnight or if you do not have soaked cashew than boil cashews at least for 10 minutes in water.
- Let it cool down and drain all the water.
- Add cashews in a mixture jar, 2tbsp of nutritional yeast, salt 1tsp, vinegar 1tsp, and water to make a paste.
- After making smooth paste empty in a pot and put on the stove on slow flame.
- Before making paste do the process of 1/4th cup agar flakes as mentioned above.
- Now add that hot agar water into the cashew paste and start mixing.
- Never stop mixing as it can stick In a pot.
- Turn off stove after 3-4 minutes or when water evaporates and paste thickens.
- Empty this in a silicone mold and refrigerate for 2-3hrs.
- The cheese is ready.