Burger Patty –
- Soak chickpea and kidney beans overnight.
- Cook until soft in a pressure cooker.
- Pat dry the cooked beans and chickpeas because you don’t want your patty gooey.
- Add some finely chopped spinach ( you can get more creative and add more veggies).
- Add a boiled potato.
- Add salt, pepper, chilly flakes, oregano, chilly powder and tabasco for flavouring.
- Mash it all up with hands or in mixer grinder. Don’t mash it completely to make a paste.
- Now start adding corn flour while binding it with hands until everything sticks up well to form a patty.
- You can shallow fry or oven bake the patty.
- Mash 3 ripened avocados.
- Add finely chopped onion, tomato, cucumber and coriander.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Squeeze 1 lemon and mix everything well.
Guacamole gives a very smooth and cheesy texture to a burger and is a great healthy alternative to cheese and mayonnaise.
Toast the buns on pan, place the patty on top and add a good serving of guacamole. You can also serve potato chips with the burger.